Monday, October 10, 2011

God Selects a Wife

I am absolutely convinced God divinely intends our

 

spouse.


"I am absolutely convinced God divinely intends our

 

spouse." (By Bill Hunt c. 2011)


I sat down on the left side of the stage podium and listened to this coed play the magnificent organ with exposed silver pipes. Refrains sounded all the way to the high ceiling and echoed the melody throughout the auditorium. This organist sat behind a white shielding screen in the center.

I wasn't actively looking for a wife, but God held other plans for me. I had returned to Syracuse University for my second year of special studies. On this Sunday in July, I enjoyed reading the scriptures from the podium during service in Crouse Auditorium at the Music School.

This coed played the magnificent organ through high exposed silver pipes. The refrains ran all the way to the ceiling and echoed the melody throughout the auditorium. This organist sat behind a white shielding screen in the center.

Visible from behind the screen, I could only watch her gorgeous energetic legs busily playing the organ pedals as her hands played the keys. There were thousands of attractive coeds on campus, but at a certain moment in the service, this brunette stood up from behind the screen where I could see her.

"O Heavenly Father, I want one like that!" I whispered, hardly daring to believe the honesty of my own prayer.

I was serious. Her beauty overwhelmed me. Not only was she a great musician, she appeared very intelligent, tall, and definitely attractive.

"There's a little shop down the street serving hot chocolate and cream donuts. Would you care to have some with me?" I gulped and asked her after the service was over.

"No, I don't even know you," she said.

"My name's Bill," I flustered.

"Beside, I have my friends with me. I'll take a rain check," she answered and walked off.

My heart sank. I walked outside without talking to anyone, found my car, and started to drive away around the back of the building.

Suddenly, I noticed her and her lady friends entering a parked car as I passed.

At her car door, she turned and glanced a very flirtatious smile at me. My disappointment jumped back to excitement. “I'd like to meet that girl!” And I held the faith I would.

--Bill Hunt

See our New Page on Facebook as
Bill Hunt, Christian Writer.”
Click LIKE and share your Blessings, Miracles,
and Comments. Give the Glory to God!

If you have a true story, a note, a prayer request, or a question
to share, please write a comment below or email us.

No comments: