Wednesday, October 19, 2011

How to Find a Job with Faith.


Work with GOD to find your job.

Nehemiah Rebuilds Jerusalem (Breadsite.org).
 
Max, I've lost my income. The stock market dived. My stock funds sank. Medical insurance costs are way too high. What should I do?” I lost my job and my whole life blew up, so I called my friend, Max.

George, there's only one thing to do, seek a new job,” my friend said.

Your task is to contact two or three managers a day until one hands you the contract. Don't ask them for a job; just ask how's business? First, you want them to know you. Meanwhile, you can ask for recommendations and references to keep moving.”

Can't I just phone to save time?”

See them person-to-person, so they'll get to know you. Phoning will never raise steam. You'll spin your wheels like you are stuck in a bog. And don't forget to pray!” Max said.

I knew he was right.

You may find this story to be true about you. If you do, there's a few things you should know about faith that will help bring you success.

First, God directs your path. You can choose to do it with his aid or without. The results will prove themselves.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight” (Prov. 3:5-6 NIV).

Second, he wants to prosper his servants. He wants to see your success.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future” (Jer. 29:11 NIV).

Third, he selects the times and places in which you function, far more than people realize.

And he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live” (Acts 17:26 NIV).

Fourth, ultimately, success comes when you realize you work first for him.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward” (Col. 3:23-24 NIV).

Fifth, he brings the blessings of life and wealth. There are many scriptures supporting this.

The blessing of the Lord brings wealth and he adds no trouble to it” (Prov 10:22 NIV).

Work with God to find your job.

--Bill Hunt

Join our Networked Blogs to follow, and you can vote on other Blogs you read, as well.

Follow our New Page on Facebook as “Bill Hunt, Christian Writer.”

If you have a true story, a note, a prayer request, or a question
to share, please write a Comment below or email us.

No comments: