Friday, September 10, 2010

Muslims and Christians choose Peace or War by God or Satan

Reflection
Q. Would you pray for Peace among Muslims and Christians?

TREASURE OF PAKISTAN
Photo by Bill Hunt (c) 2010
In my dream, there is this vast wilderness trial of life. But far back in the wilderness is a CORNER RETREAT, a garden. In the green and flowery garden is a white marble bench. And sitting on the bench is Jesus waiting to talk with us in prayer.

In prayer, I grieve for Pakistan, a kindly nation I visited as a young man. I grieve for Swat, a sovereign and very peaceful mountain people.

I grieve for Afghanistan, a desert people so long torn by terrible war. I grieve for Iraq, so slaughtered by tribal hatred. I grieve for Iran where many seek truth and freedom under a blind religious dictatorship.

I grieve for Americans and people from all over the world who have suffered and died as a result of these conflicts.

A Muslim is brother to every other Muslim,” I have been told.

Really?

If so, the Al Qaeda and the Taliban violate their own Muslim faith! Not to mention, God's universal law that all mankind are, indeed, brothers on this earth. Jesus told the story of the Good Samaritan.

God is goodness; Satan is evil.

Both religions believe this. Violence is the offspring of evil, both Muslims and Christians know.

The key is to choose God and goodness. I pray for wisdom and peace among Muslims and Christians.

No comments: