- Blessings, Bill
Wednesday, July 2, 2014
Dare to Follow Christ the Messiah
A disciple must first give up everything.
The secret of following Christ the Messiah is ignored by many. For the servant of God, there is only one agenda.
The thing a disciple must do is give up every thing.
(NKJV all scriptures, Lu 14:33) "So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple.”
2) Repent. There are those who think achieving Heaven is a piece of cake. At the end of life, they surmise, God will simply forgive them. But there is no salvation without heartfelt repentance. I have seen it. Most people die the way they have lived. People choose their destiny, heaven or hell, by the way they live. Every day the choice is made.
(Lu 13:3) "I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.”
3) Humble. God desires servants contrite of sin and humble in spirit.
Humble is not weakness but a strength which seeks the benefit of others. “No greater love has anyone, than to lay down his life for another.”
(Isa 57:15) For thus says the High and Lofty One Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: "I dwell in the high and holy place, With him who has a contrite and humble spirit, To revive the spirit of the humble, And to revive the heart of the contrite ones.”
4) Forgive. Men little realize the Hebrew in the Lord's Prayer requires the forgiveness of every-little-offense, no matter how small, to merit God's forgiveness. The All Holy God will not stand in the presence of sin. Total redemption is achieved only by the cross of Jesus.
(Mt 6:14) "For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 "But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”
5) Love. Don't make Love your pretense.
Be the most loving person your friends know.
Every true hug brings healing in the heart.
Every good deed pays forward.
God created you to love Him and others.
All his Words teach his Love.
God does not give Love, He is Love.
It's his very Being.
Jesus first loves you, so you'll know Love.
(Lu 10:27) So he answered and said," 'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,' and 'your neighbor as yourself.'"
6) Faith is the key to involving God. You cannot please God without Faith.
(Mt 17:20) So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there!' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.”
7) Holy. We achieve holiness only through redemption of Jesus on that cross. I am bought, paid for, ransomed, and redeemed only through the Blood of Jesus. He alone is the sinless sacrifice for all repented sin. Put on Christ. He alone is perfectly sinless.
(Heb 12:14) Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord.
8) Each day, put on Jesus like a garment.
Walk as Jesus walked. Love as Jesus loves.
(1Jo 1:7) But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
9) Live for God. Where is God's true servant? Take up God's daily cross, tasks, and assignments, even to the point of death.
(Lu 9:23) Then He said to them all, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me.
24 "For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it.
25 "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost?”
10) Trust God. No matter what, even when you don't understand.
Trust in God with all your heart, and you will see his miracles and care for you. I have prayed, “Lord, whether I live or whether I die, my life is in your hands.”
(Pr 3:5) Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
11) Overwhelming Joy. There is power and strength and Faith in the Joy of the Lord. Joy is a prime attribute of God's power and marks his divine presence.
(Neh 8:10) “For this day is holy to our LORD. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."
12) Resist the devil. Block him. In spiritual circumstance, be ready to fight the devil's schemes.
(1Pe 5:6,NKJV all scriptures.) Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,
7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.