|Love is Spattered Blossoms (Bill Hunt Photo)|
Thursday, November 1, 2012
Getting Along with Marriage and Friends
Precious values mark marriage and friends like spattered blossoms.
As men and women approach the age of integrity, they realize points of value in relations, and they want to help others. Here's points my wife and I learned and want to share with you.
1. Forgive immediately, you must. It's not an option. You can not enter Heaven unless you forgive completely.
"For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses (Matt 6:14-15 NKJV).
2. Give others time to heal. Don't close in on them with judgment. Peter denied Jesus three times the night of the betrayal. But Jesus gave him space before he reaffirmed him three times on the beach at breakfast.
He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" And he said to Him, "Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You." Jesus said to him, "Feed My sheep” (John 21:17 NKJV).
3. Never take or keep offense. Block it. Scientists are learning more and more about cellular memory, how the entire body remembers trauma emotionally and stores it away problematically causing our spiritual, physical, and emotional conditions. Let it go.
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails (1Cor 13:4-8 NKJV).
4. People do not realize God forgives perfectly. To forgive perfectly, he must also forget perfectly. God does not forgive partially, he restores our innocence. He wipes the slate clean as we repent. It is only the devil who tries to harass the repentant servant of past sins; he lies.
Then He (God) adds, "Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more” (Heb 10:17 NKJV).
5. Divorce is not an option. It's like this, the man and the woman in marriage each gives up their own territory and must not take it back. Marriage is now God's sanctified territory. He is the overall third partner.
"So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate" (Mt 19:6 NKJV).
Friendship can last, too.
– Bill Hunt
World in Christ
Share with us also on Facebook as Bill Hunt or
Bill Hunt, World in Christ.