Thursday, November 15, 2012

India: Hindus Beat Christian Pastor in Hospital Bed


India is No. 37 on the World Watch List of the 50 countries where it is most difficult to live as a Christian.


Offloading fish in Kamataka by Rudolph A Furtado

(www.wikimedia.org)


Karnataka, Kannur, Oct 11 (Open Doors News) — Hindu extremists beat a pastor unconscious by the side of the road, then attacked him in his hospital bed the next day.


Pastor John Samuel Kim, from the Jerusalem prayer house in Kannur village, a few kilometers away from Kolar District, told Open Doors News he was standing on the road with three friends, Oct. 11, after distributing wedding cards of his sister.

A mob of 20 extremists questioned me on what I was doing in the village,” he said. “They pushed me, saying ‘Why [do] I always visit the village and tell people about Christ,’ accused me of forceful conversion and began to beat me with sticks and stones, kicked and punched me.”

The pastor fell unconscious when they kicked him in the groin. The attackers left and Kim’s friends summoned police. Kim was hospitalized with a broken rib, and injuries to his head and neck.

Early the next morning, four people entered Kim’s hospital ward.

They told me that I should die, shook my bed and started to beat me again, and strangled me on my neck and brought a sharp weapon to cut my neck,” he said. Kim suffered a severe neck injury.

The attackers left when they heard the sound of people coming. Later, Kim provided a description of the attackers to police, who posted guard on the ward for the next seven days as the pastor recovered.

The police have registered a case against the attackers, but no arrests have been made.

Kolar District Police Superintendent Ram Niwas Seeat told Open Doors News that he and his team will continue to protect the pastor whenever necessary, and that they continue to search for the attackers.
The Global Council of Indian Christians, an advocacy group, said the Oct. 11 attack was the second on Kim within the past year. Three months earlier in Bangarapet, he was attacked in a similar way.

I was crossing the flyover on my motorbike when they stopped me. They accused me of forceful conversion and beat me up,” Kim told Open Doors News.

The pastor did not file a police complaint after the first attack. “I have forgiven them and I thought that they will not disturb me again,” he said.
Attacks against pastors and Christian institutions have accelerated in the southern Indian state of Karnataka, where violence against Christians has been most frequent during the past nine months.


Read the Persecution News at
Copyright 2012 Open Doors News
Open Doors News is distributed to raise awareness of Christians worldwide who are persecuted for their faith. Articles may be reprinted by active subscribers only. For subscription information, contact: jeffth@opendoorsnews.org
The violence of man's inhumanity to man is horrific. “The wicked are brought down by their own wickedness,” says Proverbs (NKJV Prov 11:5 ). “You shall love your neighbor as yourself” (Lev 19:18 NKJV) commands God. When will INDIA stop this vicious abuse among its peoples?

Pray for the people of India.
Bill Hunt
World in Christ

No comments: