Monday, April 18, 2011

Pray Against a Hurricane

How far does faith go? Jesus calmed the storm and berated the Apostles for not doing so.

 

"When Foreboding Dark Skies Threaten"

(Photo by Kim Newberg, PDPics)

 

On the Florida coast one afternoon, Mary and I heard the hotel announcement warning that Hurricane Hugo was about to make landfall in Daytona Beach, just outside. We hurried right down from our room to the spacious sandy beach and faced the ocean waves.

The storm presented a huge, ugly wall of ominous dark and boiling clouds. I was amazed to see how wall-like it was, a gigantic black formation rising high into the heavens before us.

"I was so happy to go along with you in this conference," said Mary. "Our days were planned and we had reliable baby sitters. This oncoming hurricane was threatening to shut down my rare vacation. And I didn't like that!”

In those days, the Lord was teaching us the power of the spoken word in faith. Of speaking to the mountain and not to doubt in our hearts."

"Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him” (Mark 11:22-23 NIV).

Mary and I prayed out loud with all our hearts, shouting into the winds with our arms raised in prayer. We could barely hear our own voices. In the name of Jesus, we commanded the storm to stop. Mary suddenly said, "God wants us to send this hurricane elsewhere."

"Yes," I said. "That's what he just told me in my spirit."

I remembered Jonah's reluctance to prophesy against Nineveh, as I gazed into the huge gray breakers violently rolling a few feet away in front of us.

The engulfing waters threatened me, the deep surrounded me; seaweed was wrapped around my head” (Jonah 2:5).

The meteorological reports showed Hurricane Hugo stopped its westerly track on the brink of landfall at Daytona Beach, turned north off the Atlantic coast, and finally made landfall, cutting a direct swath from the Atlantic shore direct to the inland city of Charlotte, North Carolina.

I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father” (John 14:12 NIV).

The words of Jesus are true, and they are spoken to all his disciples.

Bill Hunt

Pray for Godly Leadership, Guidance, Discernment, Strength, Salvation, and Gods Miraculous Blessings on the People and Nations of the World!

For information to market your message worldwide, click A-S-E.

For more information, click: Miracle Faith.
  

No comments: