Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Walk with Jesus

Wise men still seek him.

 
Jesus preached to the people.


Excerpts from Mark-1 Gospel (NIV):

John, the Baptizer, preached in the desert regions by the Jordan River. He said Jesus would baptize not with water, but with the Holy Spirit.

You are my Son whom I love. With you I am well pleased.” A voice was heard from the heavens at Jesus' baptism.

The time has come. The kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe the Good News.” Jesus preached in Galilee.

Come follow me and I will make you fishers of men.” He said to Simon and his brother, Andrew. Then, he invited James and his brother, John, sons of the fisherman, Zebedee.

In the synagogue in Capernaum, he preached and cast out demons sternly. “Be quiet! Come out of him!” And the people were amazed.

In the home of Simon and Andrew, he took the hand of Simon's mother-in-law and raised her from bed, healing her fever. After sunset, he healed and cast out devils from many townsmen who gathered at the door.

Very early in the morning, Jesus left the house and went out to a solitary place to pray. When the disciples found him, he spoke. “Let us go somewhere else, so I can preach there also. That is why I have come.”

Jesus met a leper who begged him on his knees. “If you are willing, you can make me clean.” Jesus touched the man. “I am willing. Be clean.” The man talked freely, spreading the news. The people came to Jesus from everywhere. 
 
--You, too, can walk with Jesus.
Wise men still seek him. Merry Christmas.
Bill

No comments: