Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sudan Christian Loses Wife and Children


Faith in Christ leads judge to annul marriage, forbid seeing kids.

 
Sudanese Women
(www.AfricanPhotos.gm)
    
By Simba Tian
KHARTOUM, Sudan, June 19 (Compass Direct News) - A year ago Mohammed Khidir Khalil was glad his family had obtained refugee status in Egypt after fleeing Islamic hostilities in Sudan. The 38-year-old Christian was also heartened that his formerly unbelieving wife was attending church with him.

Today the convert from Islam is back in Sudan fighting to recover his family after his in-laws compelled his wife to return to Sudan, claiming she was Muslim and divorce him. A Sudanese court automatically granted her custody of their two sons and forbade him to see them, he said.

The couple had fled Sudan just before the South Sudan vote for independence on Jan. 9, 2011, after threats from the couples' Muslim families and others intensified, Khalil said. He fears that if he persists in his legal battle, he faces the threat of being accused of "apostasy," or leaving Islam.

In spite of the court's ruling that Khalil did not have a right to even visit the children, in April he decided to try to see them. His former wife's family threatened to call police if he persisted. 

"I am very upset with courts like this that bar one from seeing one's children," he said. "I have to appeal against this.

"They might take the case to a prosecution court, which might lead to my sentencing to death according to Islamic apostasy law - but I am ready for this," Khalil said. "I want the world to know this. What crime have I done? Is it because I became a Christian? I know if the world is watching, they will be afraid to do any harm to me."



Is God calling you to serve Jesus with a life of Great Faith in the World harvest? 
Email me, and I will place you in contact with World pastors calling for help.

World Power Prayer. Bully boys are brutalizing women and children. 
The Gifts of God are ravaged. Voices cry in the night. To pray, protect, 
and provide, God made husbands, fathers, and men.

--Bill Hunt
World in Christ


No comments: