Thursday, December 29, 2011

Ransom of the Rams


Watching my Rams in Nature, I realize God is teaching me.

"The Two Rams in the Field" by Bill Hunt c 2011
 
The World is cruel to Jesus, the most loving
and true man who ever lived.
Those in darkness always hate the light.
Man is born in such rebellion of sin.
So only by Love,
I am bought, paid for, ransomed, and redeemed by the Blood of Jesus.

I watched the Rams spend long years in the fields with each other as brothers. They grazed in the grass and lay in the shade of hot days. They sheltered in the hutch at night or when the weather turned inclement.

One day, two men came, orchestrated by God.
They paid the ransom for the Rams.
They caught them and took them away to a new home.
There is a herd, a ram family, lots of friends,
field, water, and good shepherds.

I see God loves my Rams.
They go to a far, far better place.

Jesus is my Shepherd.
He takes me to a far, far better place.
Though I am a sinful man,
God forgives perfectly, and God forgets perfectly.
I lift my eyes to him.
God loves perfectly.
That's why he sent his Son.

The angels come suddenly one day without warning
and take us away
to a far, far better place.
To Jesus the King, with wounds in his hands and feet.
This is the cost paid for our ransom
from sin.

The King of the Universe ransoms me.

He is the kinsman redeemer for the family of God.
He takes me to his Father,
the Ancient of Days,
the Alpha, the Omega,
the Great I AM, ONE.

I was slandered. I was reviled like him
by those with wicked hearts.
Women, with cold iron who connived evil.
Men, with extinct hearts and blind eyes and deaf ears.
No love, honesty, integrity, or truth lay
within their chests. Only darkness.
But God called me, his Witness.

Father, forgive them, for they know not
what they do.”

Through the years, through history, daily, over and over and over again.

The Good Shepherd came and found me.
He breathed life with the Ruha into my bones,
into my spirit, and raised me up.
You are my Prince,” he said.

He raised me up and dressed me as a Warrior King
with a battle crown.
You are my coheir,” he said.
With rank of king, authority, power, and rule.
Except these wounds.
These are mine alone.”

I fell on my face before him.
I found my self in Great Light at his Father's throne.
With all my being, I cried,
GLORY!

a monologue by Bill Hunt

Christmas & New Year Blessings to You!

"The LORD* will bless you and He will keep you.
The LORD* will make His face to shine upon you
and He will be gracious to you.
The LORD* will lift His countenance to you
and He will establish Shalom for you"
(Num 6:24-26 One New Man Bible, from the Hebrew).

Follow our New Page on Facebook as “Bill Hunt, Christian Writer.”
If you have a true story, a note, a prayer request, or a question to share, please write a Comment below or email us.


2 comments:

Lori Heyd said...

What a beautiful word portrait of what our God has done for us Bill! Happy and Blessed New Year to you and yours....Lori

BILL HUNT said...

Dear Lori,

A Blessed New Year to you. Keep up your wonderful writing for the King. And thank you for your special ministry of encouragement. You have great perception.

In Jesus.