Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Give it All to God, it's Only Money!


You're on a ministry trip, calling people to faith. Your travel 

funds run short. Unexpectedly, you meet friends with more 

severe needs than your own.


"Faith expresses itself through Love." (Photo by Bill Hunt)
 
On our ministry trip north, we prayed over a gentle, elderly couple. He fell off scaffolding and suffered pain along his backbone. His wife suffered severe pain in her arthritic knees. Both were under a doctor's care. Mary and I commanded God's healing. He healed both of them. All pain stopped.

On Thursday afternoon, we visited another very humble pastor friend and his lovely wife, Ron and Jeanne. A very spiritual couple, we always enjoyed just sitting with them and talking about the Lord around their kitchen table.

This time, we heard a tale of woe. Pastor Ron had undergone surgery and was unable to maintain his side job for income. They were short of money.

Unobtrusively, I wondered around the kitchen and then glanced in the refrigerator. A shiny light bulb glowed, but the box is empty.

Their refrigerator is empty.

The Holy Spirit prodded my heart. Mary and I counted very little money after our trip north. Only a hundred dollars was left in my wallet. But here I could see my brother had no income, no money, and no food to provide for his wife and three little boys. His need was greater than mine.

After all, I also knew a hundred dollars was never going to return us to Florida. Yes, I was apprehensive! With God's persistent nudging, I secretly emptied my wallet underneath the kitchen table. I placed the cash on top of the refrigerator as we left toward the front door.

Yes, I swallowed hard. I now had no money remaining for our trip home. In my flesh I was afraid.

"Now you've done it!" said the devil.

"God, we're in your hands," I prayed.

On that Friday, next day, while I was out, Mary visited with her mother at home. The elderly man who had fallen off the scaffolding telephoned and asked if he could visit. Mary's mother invited him to come.

"My wife is healed, and I am healed," he said when he arrived at the house, "Here's the money I would have paid to the doctor. I figure now that we are healed, I should give it to you."

Into Mary's hand he placed a roll of cash, two hundred and forty dollars. When I arrived back at the house, Mary gave me the cash.

It was the money we needed for
our return trip to Florida!

Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" (Luke 6:38 NIV).

On Sunday, at Pastor Abe and Naomi's "Grace Chapel," our teens Monica and Brian each sang to the congregation. Then the whole family sang worship songs, glorifying God. Boy, was I thankful!

--Bill Hunt


Why not start a Jesus Prayer Support Group in your own home? Watch your Christianity come to life!

For more information, click Miracle Faith.

     


2 comments:

Starry Dawn said...

Hi dear Bill,
Oh!! I love this post you have shared this day.
I also love the picture of the flowers.
Thank you so much, Bill for sharing your wisdom with the world!!
God keeps blessing you, Bill!!
In God's Garden,
Poet Starry.

BILL HUNT said...

You know! The most amazing thing is the Gospel is true. The teachings of Jesus are true, every word! Why don't people believe them and live them. "You cannot please God without Faith!" When we do what God says, we get what God promises. Yes, we all fail. We all sin. But even in that we repent. And God forgives perfectly. And God forgets perfectly! We are bought, paid for, ransomed, and redeemed by the Blood of Jesus. In him we live, and move, and have our being! Blessings, Bill