Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Jesus is Awesome God


The True Jesus of the Bible reveals Himself to those who seek Him.

The Transfiguration shone with the
Radiance of God's Glory.
(By Carl Heinrich Block, Danish, 1834-1890)

I found myself in a vision, just a nine year old boy, swallowed toward a down churning black hole in the cosmos. Adult men and women pulled into the bottomless force disappeared out of sight. As I reached the brink, a hand from above grabbed me into the safety of his lap. I could not see his face, but I knew it was this Jesus.

Do I have to go down there?” I asked.

No,” said this most gentle and beautiful male voice. “I have things I want you to do.” He spoke incredibly lovingly. I knew I was very, very safe in his lap.

Some miss this, but Jesus reveals himself
to those who seek him.

v20 “On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them” (John 14:20-21 NIV).

Jesus is the radiance of God's Glory,
the exact representation of his Being.

v2 But in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven (Heb 1:2-3 NIV).

God is One, the Trinity of persons,
so revealed by the Scriptures.

v4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. 5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength (Deut 6:4-5 NIV).

Jesus is the Messiah, the King of Kings and Lord
of Lords, the Son of God, the Most High Himself.

v8 See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ.
v9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, 10 and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority (Col 2:8-10 NIV). 
 
However, it is important to note that it is the true Christ that makes someone a Christian, not the Mormon one (brother of the devil, see Mormon Beliefs for more information), or the Jehovah's Witnesses one (Michael the Archangel), the New Age Jesus (a man in tune with the divine Christ Consciousness), etc.

The true Christ is God in flesh (John 1:1,14; 20:28; Col. 2:9; Phil. 2:5-8; Heb. 1:8): Jesus,” as CARM instructs <http://carm.org/dictionary-christian>.

v9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work” (John 14: 9-10 NIV).

The True Jesus of the Bible is Awesome God. He reveals Himself to those who seek Him.

--Bill Hunt

But in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the Universe. The Son is the radiance of God’s Glory and the exact representation of his Being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in Heaven” (Heb 1:2-3 NIV).

Follow our New Page on Facebook asBill Hunt, Christian Writer.”
If you have a true story, a note, a prayer request,
or a question to share, please write a Comment below or email us.



No comments: